Friday, October 15, 2010

#7 Returns - Food Edition

So I've gotten over my outrage regarding Big Ben's text-affair with Ray Lewis. I forgive him, begrudgingly, and I'm excited for him to return to the field this weekend and put all of this nonsense to rest. To celebrate the Prodigal Ben's return, I dedicate this blog post to recipes involving the number 7. You could always make Roethlisburgers, but I thought I'd try to be a little more creative.


7-Layer Dip


This was the first food that came to mind. Rachael Ray's Lucky 7-Dip has received great reviews online. Even though her personality makes me want to barf, her recipes are usually delicious. You can find it here.

7 Onion Soup with Parmesan-Garlic Bread

This soup is really flavorful and is appropriate for the chilly weather we're having. I've made many of Emeril's recipes, and you really can't go wrong with them tastewise. If you're cooking for the health conscious set, though, you might want to try substituting whole or 2% milk for the cream in the recipe. You can find it here.
7-Up Cake


I've never actually had 7-up cake, but a co-worker recommended it to me and I found a good recipe for it on Epicurious. I'm told that this cake tends to be on the sweeter side, so if you want to cut the sweetness you can swap some fresh lemon-lime zest for some of the 7-up.




I wouldn't recommend serving all three of these if you are trying to present a cohesive meal. But if you're like me and only care about serving delicious food and don't really care about courses complimenting one another, then knock yourself out. Of course, if the food turns out poorly, you can always wash it down with a 7 and 7 (Seagram's 7 Crown Blended Whiskey, 7-up and lemon).

No comments:

Post a Comment