Thursday, September 30, 2010

WTF Ben?!!!!

Just when I had totally forgotten about Big Ben's misgivings, when I was ready to shout his name from the mountaintops, he disappoints me again. Ray Lewis, the biggest thug on our biggest rival, told reporters this week that he and Ben Roethlisberger have been communicating via text message. VOMIT.

This, during the week where we face the Ravens at home, is unacceptable behavior. Lewis claims that Ben needed to take comfort in someone who had been through an ordeal similar to his. And because they both used the same lawyer, Ben felt Lewis was the obvious choice for trusted confidant.

I am so upset about this I've avoided writing this post for several days. Ron Cook at the Post-Gazette defended Ben this week, saying that he should heed Lewis' advice because people have largely forgotten about Lewis' murder accusations.

I see where Ron Cook is coming from, but I just can't agree. I would be totally fine with Ben confiding in any player on a team that isn't named Ravens this week. Any player that isn't named Ray Lewis. I realize that Ben needs advice and companionship. However I also realize that there are many, MANY other people that would be ecstatic to help Ben in his time of need.

I'm sure that yinzers with criminal records would line the streets of Pittsburgh to talk with Ben about his ordeal. He wouldn't even have to promise them free sammiches and Iron City, because they believe in him and they believe in Pittsburgh. I just wonder if he believes in them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment